Thursday, July 21, 2011

One Month to Go!!

So here we are, one month from today it's the big race!!!  It's hard to believe the race is almost here. The last several months have been such a great learning experience.  I have found out so much about myself during this time.  I've learned that life throws you daily obstacles that can affect the outcome of your day but it's how you make the most of each day that matters.

I began this journey with a 5 day workout schedule.  Half way through my training, life throws me an obstacle that forces me to cut my training from 5 days to 3 days for about 6 weeks.  Each week that went by I felt like a failure but as each week passed by, I made the most of the 3 days that I was able to work out.  At the end of the day, I was still getting stronger in my daily runs and lung capacity. 

So with only one month left, the nerves are definitely starting to come into play.  Each day I just keep saying to myself, I know I can do this, I know I can do this. 

This week includes a big hurdle in my training process.  At week's end, I will have to run the full 13.1 miles.  I've been advised by my trainer to complete the full run 3 weeks prior to race day.  This is going to be the "tell all" report card for the last few months of my training.    I thought the nerves were bad before, OMG  they have only just begin. 

Weekly Workout Schedule
Monday - Run/Walk (3 miles)
Tuesday - Cross Training (45 minutes)
Wednesday - Run / Walk (4 miles)
Thursday - Rest Day
Friday - Cross Training (45 minutes)
Saturday - Run / Walk (13.1 miles)
Sunday - Rest Day

I hope everyone has a great weekend.  Keep your fingers crossed for me that next weekend I have good news.

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment