Friday, August 19, 2011

48 Hours to GO!!!

So today we hit a big milestone, only 48 hours until race day.  Today will be my last blog entry until after the race.  I will be on the road heading for Vail in about 3 hours.  I'm not going to lie, the nerves have set in and I'm feeling butterflies in my stomach. I'm excited and have been training hard for the last 5 months.  But one can't help to feel nervous too. 

Today has been full of reflection and packing.  As I pack my suitcase, I've been thinking about my early training days.  The days of when my time to run/walk one mile was 25 minutes.  My current time is between 14-15 minutes per mile.  Boy have I come along way.  My goal for Sunday's race is to stay under a 15 minute mile.   I'm guessing my early miles will be faster than the last miles. 

If you are interested in tracking my progress on race day, the race organizers have created an app that can be download on any Iphones or Android phones.   To download the app, click on the following link:  http://mobile.xlrun.com/SocialResultsSignup.aspx?id=25#     To track my progress, I am bib #573. 

So as I prepare for my trip to Vail, I can't help but think about all the people who have sent me "good luck" wishes along the way during my training days.  Thanks to everyone for all your words of wisdom and support.  Some days were not easy and it was the kind thoughts and support of my friends/family that got me back on my feet and on the treadmill. 

If you are interested in following my progress for the next 48 hours, (pre race day) follow the DivaRunner Facebook page.  I won't have another blog entry until after the race. 

Keep your fingers crossed for me and send me lots of happy thoughts on Sunday morning. 

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment