Monday, August 8, 2011

Day After the Lake - Sore Day

It's the day after the adventure at the lake and I am very sore.  I awoke this morning with my knee and arm aching.  I have a nice shiner on my right arm.  My bruise became darker overnight. 

So with my recent injury, I'm going to take it easy today and not over do it in my workout. I was suppose to run/walk 3 miles today but that didn't happen.  Instead, I walked at a slow pace for one mile on the treadmill and stretched for about 20 minutes to try and loosen my knee.  I'm hoping by tomorrow, I can attempt the elliptical machine for a 30 minute workout.  I'm worried that if I over do it, it might get worse which could affect my race in 13 days.  (and I thought the nerves were bad before-- I'm feeling the stress now)

On Wednesday, I leave for Florida to join my husband. He is there all week on business travel and I'm going to join him to enjoy a long weekend at the beach.  Our hotel includes a nice workout facility so I'm definitely going to take advantage of this while I'm away.  Since I will be at sea level, I should have great lung capacity and no problems completing my workouts. (unless my knee is still bothering me) If I can get these injuries healed and continue to complete my workouts, I will be in better spirits by the end of the week. 

I'm going to continue monitoring my injuries and take each day at a time for my workouts. My goal is to complete each daily workout but my intensity level may need to decrease based upon the soreness. 

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment