Sunday, April 10, 2011

Week 4 / Day 28 - REST DAY!!!! Bring It On!

Today is the best day of the week - REST DAY!!! Oh how I look forward to my (2) REST DAYS per week.   This has been a tough week between work, home and workouts.  Definitely a challenge for the different schedules, especially since my son is full on with his baseball season. WHEW!! I made it to the end of Week 4 and my reward - REST DAY!!!!

Tomorrow begins Week #5 of training. Training workouts will be the same as Week#4 with a 5 mile run/walk on Saturday.  I struggle to make it to 4.5 miles yesterday so next Saturday "5 miles here I come." 

This week also begins another business travel week for me so the challenge will be getting my workouts completed while I'm on the road.  My schedule isn't so tight with early morning workouts, so I don't anticipate any problems getting my workouts complete by/before 7am each day.  I leave on Monday and won't be back home until Friday.. 

Week #5 Workout Schedule
Monday - Run / Walk (45 minutes + 15 minutes weight training)
Tuesday - Cross Training (45 minutes)
Wednesday - Run/Walk (45 minutes + 15 minutes weight training)
Thursday - REST DAY
Friday- Cross Training (45 minutes + 15 minutes of weight training)
Saturday - Run/Walk (5 miles)
Sunday - REST DAY

Quote for the Day
Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day.  It asks you, "are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?"  Peter Maher, Canadian Marathon Runner

Since I will be traveling all this week, I probably won't be able to do a daily report on my blog. I will try and get in a few during the week but will most likely do  report at the end of the week.  I hope everyone has a great week!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment