Monday, April 18, 2011

Week #6 - Hoping for a Better Week of Training

Happy Monday!
Today begins the start of Week #6.  Last week was not a good week.  It is in the past and I'm moving forward and keeping my sights on having a great week #6.  This week I start increasing the mileage in my workouts.  Instead of 2-mile Run/Walk workouts, I have now graduated to 3-mile Run/Walk workouts with a 5-mile Run/Walk workout on Saturday.   After last week's issues with my feet, I'm looking forward to a fresh start and a good workout week. 

Week #6 Workout Schedule
Monday - Run / Walk 3 miles
Tuesday - Cross Training / 45 minutes
Wednesday - Run/Walk 3 miles
Thursday - REST DAY
Friday - Cross Training / 45 minutes
Saturday - Run/Walk 5 miles
Sunday - REST DAY

This morning I started off with 15 minutes of stretching and light weight lifting to get my body ready for a 3 mile run.  I was a little nervous about my run due to last week's issues.  I held my own and completed the run/walk in 60 minutes. That is a 20 minute / mile pace time - 1 minute/mile increase from 2 weeks ago.   I guess it's not as bad as it could be considering I didn't get any running completed last week.  My goal is to shave off that minute and get back to my 18-19 minute / mile time by the end of this week.  Feeling a little sore this morning but that is only to be expected after no good training last week. 

I hope everyone has a great Monday!  Don't forget to send in your tax forms.  Afterall - it is TAX DAY!!! 

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment