Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 5- Cross Training

It's Day 5 and I am getting closer to the end of my first week of training.  Last week at this time I was just thinking about doing the race and now I'm training for it.  The best part of today, my best friend - Robin, has agreed to run the race with me.  I'm so excited that we have the opportunity to do this together. 

Today's Workout - Cross Training (30 minutes)
* Remember no walking or running today. 
* Training choices -  elliptical machine, stair master, swimming, Pilate's, yoga, aerobics, etc

I'm going with the elliptical machine.  Tuesday, it took me on a good ride but today, I fought back.  Definitely feeling the burn in my butt and thighs, but overall I'm feeling great.  Today's stats:  30 minutes  / 1.9 miles / 15.78 minute pace.    
Tomorrow's workout: Run / Walk- 3 miles. 

Quote for the Day
"If you ever get a second chance in life for something, you've
got to go all the way."  Lance Armstrong





Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment