Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Week 2/ Day 9 - Woke Up Late Today - Not a good start!

Today started off on a "late" foot.  Last night we had very high winds at our house.  It definitely woke me up a time or two.  Sometime during the night, our electricity switched off which caused my alarm clock to reset. As I woke up this morning and looked at my clock, I noticed that it was flashing.  My first thought, "OMG, we've over slept and my son is late for school."  The good news is he wasn't late for school.  We had approximately an hour to get ready. The bad news - I missed my window for a morning workout.  So today's workout was in the afternoon. I really don't like the afternoon workouts.  One - I'm tired when I get home and it takes me longer to get motivated to workout. Second - I want my boost of energy in the morning and not the late afternoon.  All is good- and I completed today's training session. 

Crossing Training workout today.  A medium intensity workout that doesn't include walking or running.  The good ole' elliptical machine is my friend today.  I seem to get a great workout from this machine.  It's an excellent way to strengthen your legs and increase your heart rate. 

Workout Stats
Type - Cross Training
Time - 30 minutes
Miles - 1.6
Pace - 25 minute mile
*Followed by 15 minutes of upper body strength training - weights

On another note, today I signed up for the Bolder Boulder Race on Memorial Day.  This is a 10k race in Boulder, CO.  I'm going to use this race to test my strength for the upcoming half marathon. This is an excellent opportunity for me to test my strengths and weaknesses so I can improve for the Diva Half Marathon in August.  I'm excited!! My first race!! 

Tomorrow's workout - Run/Walk (35 minutes)

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment