Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Week 2 / Day 10 - Getting Better at My Mile Pace Time

Happy Hump Day!! I made it to the middle of Week #2.  Today's workout - Run/ Walk = 40 minutes.  I had a GREAT workout today.  My legs are starting to feel stronger and less cramping when I run during my 3 minute intervals.  The best part of my workout, I completed 2 miles in 38.5 minutes which gives me a 19.25 minute / mile pace time. In 10 days time, I've cut almost 6 minutes off my mile pace time.  This is wonderful and so unexpected. I never thought I would "chop" this much time off my pace in such a short amount of time. 

I know I know - before you even say it, I already know the question.  "Are you pushing yourself too hard?"  Answer:  No.  I sticking with my workout plans and not pushing myself beyond my set plan.   I think my time is increasing because my lungs and legs are getting better with every workout. I can run easily for 3 minutes straight without having to take a 20 second break at the 2 minute mark.  (which was my issue last week) I'm keeping my heart rate around 80% of my max level. 

Workout Stats
Type - Run / Walk
Time - 40 minutes
Miles - 2.18
Pace - 19.25 minute mile
*I completed 2 miles at 38.5 minutes.

Trainer Tip: Stretch after every workout when the muscles are warm to maintain or improve flexibility and prevent injuries.



Tomorrow is a well deserved rest day.  No walking or running allowed.  Rest days are a great thing to look forward to during a week of workouts.

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment