Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 7 - The End of the FIRST Week!!! (Rest Day)

I'm am shocked that I'm already at the end of my first week of training.  This week has gone by so fast.  It's amazing to think that last time this week, I wasn't even exercising yet.  Everything was set in motion but I was 24 hours away from my first workout.

I started off the week a little slow but feeling good with very little aches.  My first Run/Walk workout was under 2 miles with a 25-minute per mile pace.  As the week went by, my pace time got better and better.  My first milestone came on Wednesday when I cut 2.5 minutes off my pace time.   The second (gold start) milestone came on Saturday's workout with a 20 minute mile pace.  In one week - I cut 5-minutes off my pace time.  WOW!! I never expected this to happen.

Even though it has only been a week, I can already tell a difference in my energy levels.  Prior to starting this training program, I was having serious issues with fatigue.  I just could find my "get up and go."  After one week - I already feel like a different person.  Remember - today is a REST DAY!  No exercising allowed.  However, a light walking the dog is acceptable.  Thanks to everyone for all your help and support.  Tomorrow begins Week #2.

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment