Sunday, March 27, 2011

Week 3 - The Start of a New Week (Rest Day)

Wow!! I can't believe it is the start of Week 3 / Day 14.  Only 2 weeks down and I feel really good.  My "bottom" area is a little sore from yesterday's 4-mile run.   Thanks to everyone for your advice and suggestions on how to fix the numbness in my feet. I decided to invest in a new pair of running shoes.  I bought a pair that is 1/2 size larger than my normal shoes as well as this pair has additional gel in the soles.  Who knew running shoes could be so expensive - $99.  I hope this works. 

Today I leave town for 5-days of business travel.  I'm a little nervous as to how this will effect my workout program.  It is difficult enough to balance one's home, family, work and a workout routine let alone add travel and longer working hours to the mix.  This will be a new speed bump in my workout program. 

Today is a rest day!! Remember... no walking, running or exercising today.  Just as it is important to train for a long distance race, it is also very important to give your body and muscles a rest.  

Tomorrow's workout is a run/walk for 45-minutes.  Have a great Sunday!

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment