Thursday, March 24, 2011

Week 2 / Day 11 - REST DAY!!!

The best day of the week - REST DAY!  I treat a "rest day" like it's a reward.  After (3) hard days of workouts, it's nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel and know that you can give your body a break.  My reward means an extra hour of sleep on Rest Days. That extra hour gives me the additional boost that I need to finish out the rest of the week's workouts - especially with a long run workout that is scheduled for each Saturday.


 My body is definitely more sore this week than last week.  I'm hanging in there and fighting back in my workouts.  What is the saying, "no pain no gain."  I'm finding that the trick to decrease soreness - water.  The more water I drink during the day, the less sore I am the following morning. 

Quote for the Day
"Rest is the sweet sauce of labor." - Plutarch




Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment