Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 2 - Away We Go!

Today starts another chapter in this training journey - Week 2!  Only 152 days until the big race! I know the training time is going to fly by - another reason to value each workout day.   To begin the day - time to check the scale.  I'm curious to see how much weight I lost in the first week. The answer:   2.5 pounds.  I'm happy with that result. I wasn't expecting a big number like 5-10 lbs but instead I'm expecting baby steps in the beginning so my 2.5 lb loss is GREAT.

Next step, the workout plan for the week. 
Monday - Run / Walk (40 minutes w/ 5 minute cool down)
Tuesday - Cross Training & Strength Training (45 minutes)
Wednesday - Run/Walk (40 minutes w/ 5 minute cool down)
Thursday - REST DAY
Friday - Cross Training & Strength Training (45 minutes)
Saturday - Run/Walk (4-miles)
Sunday - REST DAY

Workout Stats - Monday (week 2)
Type - Run / Walk
Time - 40 minutes
Miles - 2.0
Pace - 20 minute mile
*No aches and feeling great!!
*On the same pace track as my run on Saturday.  

This week is going to be a little stressful at work with trying to get organized before I leave town on business travel.  It is going to be interesting to see how this will affect my workouts, energy levels, and weight loss.   For now, I just keep smiling because I completed a good workout.

Quote for the Week!
Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it." --Oprah Winfrey

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment